Here we see the latest updates of cinema.

Mahesh Babu actress apologizes for her comment


Mahesh Babu actress apologizes for her commentPreity Zinta apologised over comments she made about India’s #MeToo movement that sparked a furore on the social media. Preity Zinta was accused of belittling the victims after saying she wished she had faced the sexual harassment.

Preity Zinta was criticised heavily on social media sites for her controversial statement on #MeToo, which she claimed to have been “edited to trivialise”

 Preity Zinta wrote on microblogging page, “To all the women out there. I am sorry if I have unintentionally hurt your sentiments on the #MeToo movement. It’s ironic that someone who has gone through abuse, as I have, has to clarify this.”

When Preity Zinta was asked in an interview if she has experience harassment, She said, “I wish I had (faced sexual harassment) I would have an answer to tell you.” Her words drew the ire of Twitter for belittling the trauma of sexual harassment victims. She gave clarifications for her words in a series of tweets, “My reason for saying ‘I wish something like this would have happened to me’ in the film industry with a smile was because I would have reacted and slapped the person. So it never happened and much later when it happened I did react and the whole world saw it”

On 19th November Preity Zinta also said that  few media outlet edited her comments to make it insensitive and wrote on Twitter, “Really sad to see how the interview is edited to trivialise and be insensitive. Not everything is traction and as someone being interviewed I expected decency and maturity from a journalist. I did 25 interviews that day and only yours turned out edited like this #disappointed.”

Preity Zinta said she was a supporter of the metoo movement and it was unfortunate that some of her comments were taken out of context.

Preity Zinta made her Telugu debut with Raja Kumarudu in 1999, where she shared the screen space with Mahesh Babu.

Tags

Post a Comment

[blogger]

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget